Research grants as Principal Investigator
- 2016-2017: “New management strategies of subtropical fruit-crops in Latin America”. IHSM-CSIC, Spain. CSIC-Spanish Cooperation Agency (AECID), Spain.
- 2016-2019: “Plant defenses mediated by glandular trichomes in tomato: induction factors, characterization and implications in the biological control of aphids (Aphididae)”. IHSM-CSIC, Spain. AGL2015-67733-R, Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad, Spain.
- 2015-2016: “Genetic diversity and optimization of sustainable production strategies of tropical fruit-crops in East African highlands”. IHSM-CSIC, Spain. EUIN2015-62833: Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad, Spain.
- 2014-2019: “Characterization of functional biodiversity in subtropical agrosystems in Southern Spain”. Ramón y Cajal Programme. PI: Eduardo de la Peña.
Personal Research grants as postdoctoral fellow
- 2010-2014: “Integrating below- and aboveground biotic interactions in the restoration of forest understory plant communities”. Ghent University, Belgium.
- 2007-2010: “Restoration of heathland on former arable fields: the importance of soil biota for aboveground ecological functioning”. Ghent University, Belgium.
Participation in research projects as research associate
- 2015-2018: “Relative importance of nutrient availability and soil biota on development trajectories of plant communities”. FWO, Belgium.
- 2014-2019: “Scaling up functional biodiversity research: from individuals to landscapes and back”. Ghent University, Belgium.
- 2012-2013: “Potential effects of global warming on the soil and vegetation dynamics of Afro-montane understory forest communities”. Ghent University, Belgium.
- 2011-2012: “Restoration of native woodlands from plantations on ancient woodland sites”. University of Bristol- Forestry Commission, UK.
- 2009-2012: “Below and aboveground mutualisms in the invasion by Australian acacias: relevance on invasive dynamics and consequences for native ecosystems – MUTUALNET”. Foundation for Science and Technology (FCYT), Portugal.
- 2006-2007: “Pest Risk Assessment in the Agricultural Sector (PRAVEG)”. Ministry of Environment and Public health, Belgium.
- 2004-2006: “The root-lesion nematode Pratylenchus crenatus: interaction with P. penetrans, host plants and diagnosis”. Institute for the Promotion of Innovation of Science and Technology in Flanders, IWT, Belgium.
- 2002-2006: “Ecology of plant-parasitic nematodes, their hosts plants and antagonists in European coastal dunes: training opportunity for ecologists and biocontrol researchers”. E.U. Marie Curie RTN Project (EcoTrain: HPRN-CT-2002-00210), EU 6th Framework program.
Participation in research projects as undergraduate
- 2001:“Kinetics of the binding of Ni (II)-ions to Citric Acid”. Bielefeld University, Germany.
- 1998: “Biomarkers in marine sponges: molecular approaches to assess pollution risks and ecosystems health in the ocean to support management for its sustainable use”, BIOMARK ; MAST-III program of the European Community” CEAB-CSIC, Spain.